Transformers Live Action Movie Blog

Transformers News

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Oh, what the future holds for me?

Today's Life Drawing exercise!

So in my last entry, I said: ......well, I basically said I wouldn't be able to go to Ringling this year.

BUT, im happy to say that I WILL re-apply to Ringling AND other prospective colleges. Those schools will be - Laguna College of Art and Design, Calarts, UCLA, USC, San Francisco State University, and San Jose State University. I am trying to find a school in California that will definitely give me what I need to get into the animation industry AND provide good scholarships, since the lack of that is what caused me the problem I have now.

I look forward to this year, I'll do things I wasn't able to do and more. I especially look forward to doing commissions sometime this year. I will continue to research more about loans AND get some face-to-face help from school counselors. I plan to visit each school on my list and see what they have with my own eyes. That was one set back for Ringling; I didn't have the money to go visit, so I relied on phone calls and CA.org acquaintances for my questions. Which isn't a bad thing at all! But it would have helped my situation if I could've gone to the school and found out for myself.

I don't feel down anymore! I really like this decision, and I have no regrets. Whats one year to come between a productive extra year and an expensive Ringling tuition? I hope that made sense. It doesn't to me, but it SOUNDS right. lol! But yea, I get to enjoy taking a variety of classes again to round myself out, instead of going to Ringling and worrying about money. Plus, like I told myself, "If I was good enough to get into Ringling this time, I should really be able to do it again next time. I must have more faith in my skill. If I didn't have that faith, then I couldn't have possibly survived Ringling this year with that mindset!"

So that is my conclusion to this. 1 year to regroup and prepare myself for a lifetime career (and a 10-20 year debt, lol).

Have fun year 2012 @ Ringling! Work yer ass off, cuz once I get into the game, I plan to get the job yer aiming for!

Let's see what the future holds...

No comments: